Who is eligible for compensation?
To be eligible to claim, you must have:
• Travelled during April, May or June 2018.
• Travelled three or more days a week on your chosen route.
• Travelled on eligible routes.
• Evidence of having travelled during that period.
You will able to claim for travel for between three and 20 days, depending on which route you take.
Routes are split into Level 1 and Level 2. Which level your route is on can be found on the Northern website – this link also contains information about the compensation scheme for season ticket holders, so ignore that, the only details you need are those which explain the levels.
• Level 1 – you’ll be able to claim for a minimum of 12 days travelled, and a maximum of 20, within a 28-day period. You also must have travelled at least three days a week.
• Level 2 – you’ll be able to claim for a minimum of three days travelled, and a maximum of five, within a seven-day period.
It’s not clear how much you’ll be able to claim for each day you were delayed. Northern has said this will be confirmed by the time the scheme opens on Tuesday 9 October.